Leading manufacturer of domestic garages in Melbourne
Safety Steel Structures has designed and manufactured thousands of domestic garages and carports for use across Victoria.
We are a leading manufacturer of prefabricated buildings and have a broad range of steel domestic garages and carports to suit any site and complement the look of any home.
Our team can assist with selecting the right prefabricated, kit-form garage or carport considering style, site allowances and budget.
Consider the following design components when making your decision:
- welded tubular (RHS) or C/Z Purlin frames
- Gable or skillion roof designs
- A full range of standard sizes
- Custom designs
Complete your house with a garage
Are you looking for extra storage space? As your children get older their hobbies tend to take on bigger proportions: mountain biking, water sports (kayaks, boats, paddleboards), or motorbike racing for example, are activities that bring large equipment into your premises, equipment that needs to be securely housed and kept protected from the elements.
Or maybe you’re thinking of realising some of the equity in your home by selling. You can enhance the street appeal of your home and increase its marketability by adding features that prospective buyers want such as a garage or carport.
Consider the following design factors to help you decide on the right domestic garage for your home:
- What is the optimum size and location for your garage?
- How many car spaces do you require?
- Do you want extra storage space?
- How often will you be likely to access your garage and for what purpose? If kids are getting their bikes and skateboards the inclusion of a side access door might be prudent
Getting your paperwork in order
We can help you navigate the building and planning permit process to ensure that you have the correct paperwork in place to meet your Local Council and State Government building and planning regulations. If you plan on installing your domestic garage or carport yourself you may need to have an owner-builder permit and proof of ownership of the land you’re building on.
We can provide you with certified plans and details about your build to assist you in getting a building permit or we can manage this process for you.
Self-build or choose our experienced team of professionals
If you have proficient building skills we encourage you to use our kits and erect your garage yourself. Completing a building project yourself can be a very rewarding endeavour for many people. Our building kits come with fasteners, guttering, downpipes and flashings and easy-to-understand instructions for constructing.
However if you are time-poor or just not interested in building we can arrange for our expert team to erect your domestic garage or carport for you
Further options to consider when deciding on a domestic garage or carport:
- Do you want roller or sliding doors?
- Think about how your garage will be commonly used (storage of cars, boats, bikes, kayaks, etc) and consider whether the inclusion of a custom door is a helpful addition.
- Do you want any windows or glass sliding doors?
- What colour cladding do you like? Zinc or do you want to choose from our extensive colour range?
Call the professionals at Safety Steel
Call us today and inspect our range of domestic garage and carport options